Saturday, November 24, 2007

What is Transactional Alignment?

While I'm awaiting the response from Dr. Thomas Cargill, I've moved onto my next topic and actually hammered out the outline in a few hours. And so...

Chip Conley
, CEO of Joie De Vivre Hospitality , recently released his book titled "Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow." If interested, hit his website. I'm sure you'll enjoy a picture of a laughing man wearing clothes in a bathtub... right?

I thought the book was worth the few hours it takes to finish and I'd suggest reading it if you are a leader in your company. Not so much if you are an employee. This book is for management... wrap it up with a bow and place it, anonymously, on your CEO's desk. Maybe you'll strike a chord and have a incredible 2008 - they say New Years is the time for change.

I've taken a look at a few books sited in "Peak" and revisited his concept of the Investor Pyramid. The ideas on investor satisfaction can be converted into a simplistic strategy for hiring practices in a company. I think it makes perfect sense. Who is the number one investor in a company. Employees. The era of the scared cog employee is past for a while.

I'm happy with what I have completed thus far and I'll try to get someone to review the work I've done before I post it. If I can't get any help, I'll post by the end of the week.

Wait for it...

No comments: